Some folks may have noticed some changes in the TIBCO corporate website, including various references to some of the TLAs in the above expression:
- 2-Second Advantage or 2SA: a business competitive enabler, achieved by exploiting E3.
- Event Enabled Enterprise or E3: an IT compliance requirement for real-time business support, requiring a number of IT capabilities.
- Messaging / Event Bus / etc: the plumbing needed to deliver events around a business (~ as they happen).
- Au(tomation)*: the basic IT building blocks of BPM, SOA, MDM, etc.
- Event Processing or EP: matching / extracting the necessary event patterns as they occur (also mostly solving the problem of Big Data exploitation).
- An(alytics)*: extracting actionable information from data / big data.
- Cl(oud)*: flexible extensible deployment mechanisms.
- So(cial)*: corporate (human) knowledge exploitation in real-time.
Notes: * = unreasonable abbreviations, of course. Please don’t confuse this with a chemistry experiment.